[riot-devel] I2C refactoring status

Dylan Laduranty dylanladuranty at gmail.com
Tue May 29 22:02:19 CEST 2018

Dear community,
The ongoing I2C refactoring effort has been on track for a whole week. I
think it will take a little more time than I expect.
You can have a look at [1] to see how this is evolving.
All the changes are done on a dedicated branch (new_I2c_if) right now. Once
everything will be done, we will merge the branch to master.

Such a big rework requires a lot of time but also a lot of hardware
(boards, devices drivers...)
If you want to participate to this huge and intense effort, do not hesitate
to put your name on the list !
We're looking for people to handle some CPU driver and also some devices
drivers but we also need some help for testing all the current open PRs !
You can find all the PRs on github labelled I2C REWORK

The new I2C API will bring more flexibility, more features and also fix
some bugs at the same time.

Keep RIOTing !

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/6577
--