[riot-devel] Linker error when trying to include stm32cube HAL

Andrés Torti torti.max at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 06:23:45 CET 2018

Hi! I'm a new RIOT user, I have been programming MCU in C for several years
in Windows under a full IDE environment. This is my first time not only
with RIOT but with managing Makefiles myself instead of letting the IDE do
all the work. I managed to get RIOT compiled on my Windows machine with
MinGW. I was able to add my custom app and being able to compile it (a
single main.c file).
I'm facing a problem now that I can't solve, I have been struggling with it
in the last few days. I have generated some code with the STM32Cube. It
just generates all the code to be able to interact with STM32 peripherals.
I added the "INCLUDES +=" to my Makefile to be able to include the header
files but I'm having problems on the linking stage I think.

I'm getting this error when compiling: https://pastebin.com/p2xCpqJJ, about
the HAL functions the linker couldn't find. Here you can download my entire
RIOT project
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1orTzemm5SRDYiQJOJR6_BHFlZOoDxXMS/view?usp=sharing.
My application is on RIOT/cansat. I created a "config" folder with a .h and
.c file and they are being linked correctly, I don't know why the
RIOT/cansat/stm32cube folder is having problems.

Any help will be really appreciated! Thank you very much! :)