[riot-devel] Preparing release 2018.10

Alamos, Jose Jose.Alamos at haw-hamburg.de
Thu Oct 4 15:09:06 CEST 2018

Dear RIOTers,

The 2018.10 release is on its way!

This is my first time taking care of the release process so all feedback is welcome.

Here is a summary of the important dates

  *   Preliminary/soft feature release for high impact features: October 16th, 2018.
  *   Final/hard feature freeze: October 23rd, 2018.
  *   Planned release date: November 1st, 2018.

The exact definition of high impact is up to the maintainers.

Please contact me if you have features that you would like to have and you think can be ready for the release.

As I reminder, the project currently have 416 PRs and 433 open issues. If you are assigned, mentioned or have review requested to one of them, please try to put as much efforts in order to fix/ack/merge.

Also remember to update and rebase your PR in order to make the review easier.

Keep on the good work!

José