[riot-devel] Lifting the 50 characters commit first line limit?

Nikander Pekka pekka.nikander at aalto.fi
Wed Oct 10 08:06:20 CEST 2018

[Refactoring the nRF520 mega-PR to follow the standards...]

I guess this has been bashed to death, but I am annoyed.

With long paths, the 50 characters limit on the first line
of the commit message makes it impossible to have any meaningful
explanation of what the commit actually does.  Actually,
the limitation makes the commit messages unintelligible.

_Any_ change of increasing the limit to e.g. 72 characters?

--Pekka