[riot-devel] Lifting the 50 characters commit first line limit?

Martine Lenders mail at martine-lenders.eu
Wed Oct 10 08:50:45 CEST 2018

Hi Pekka,

the 50 chars is just the warning bound. You can go up to 70 until the
commit message check fails on you. Longer will make GitHub break the commit
message in the webview with the dreaded […] ;-).

My usual approach is to boil down the summary to the bare minimum within
these constraints (even using just the module name instead of the full
path) and go into details in the following lines of the commit message.

Regards,
Martine