[riot-devel] Where to put board pictures?

Gunar Schorcht gunar at schorcht.net
Mon Sep 3 16:23:58 CEST 2018

Hi Jose,

last week, when I wrote the documentation for the ESP8266 boards, I had
to realize, that I had to change some pictures several times during the
documentation process.

I think the wiki approach to ask the maintainers everytime is quite
impractical:

1. Maintainers are additionally burdened with the work
2. As the developer I can't check the doxygen with images before the
pictures are placed in the wiki.
3. Your plan was to remove the wiki.

So I decided to create a GitLab repository that I can control by myself
to place my pictures there.

In the end, it should not matter which git repository is bloated.

Maybe it would be better following your suggestion, to place your own
pictures where the documentation is, i.e., in the directory
board/<board_name>/doc?

Regards
Gunar