[riot-devel] Activation of modules by make command line

Gunar Schorcht gunar at schorcht.net
Thu Sep 6 10:32:41 CEST 2018

Hi,

It is often necessary to enable or disable various functions at
compilation time, for example, to test dependencies. In RIOT, features
are activated using the module concept:

	USEMODULE + = feature

I'm wondering whether there is a possibility to enable modules without
changing the makefile when the make command is called, for example:

	make BOARD=... USE_MODULES="sdcard_spi mrf24j40"

I was looking through the documentation and the makefile structure for
something like

	USEMODULE += $(USE_MODULES)

Did I miss something? If it is not possible, would it be worth to
realize it?

Regards
Gunar

--
Wenn du laufen willst, lauf eine Meile. Wenn du ein neues Leben
kennenlernen willst, dann lauf Marathon. (Emil Zatopek)