[riot-devel] Git submodule in RIOT-OS/applications

Gaëtan Harter gaetan.harter at fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 27 16:11:45 CEST 2018

Hi Jose,

for me it does not hurt to allow both.

It does not help with guarantee that it works with the current master
but lets user just easily use with the release, or last working RIOT
version.

So change the `RIOTBASE` to use a cloned version in the repository if it
is there, and the RIOT version in the same directory like now if it is
not cloned using something like

     `$(if $(wildcard $(CURDIR)/../RIOT),$(wildcard $(CURDIR)/../RIOT),\
       $(CURDIR)/../../RIOT)`

And as Juan proposed ;) he will do the testing for the releases and
update the submodule reference.

Adding a test in CI could be a separate improvement.

And the other question, why are they not part of RIOT anyway ?

Gaëtan