[riot-devel] USB PID number

Mario Gómez mario.gomez at teubi.co
Mon Feb 25 15:55:29 CET 2019

Hi!

I don't think that RIOT-OS needs a USB VID/PID code. It should be left the
Board developers to decide if they get one from pid.codes.

In our case we developed a board almost a year ago for Contiki (And ended
up running RIOT-OS on it), we decided to reserve a VID/PID from pid.codes
to identify our product.

http://pid.codes/1209/053A/

On Contiki we started to implement the support for USB but didn't finished
it. Later when we migrated to RIOT-OS we used our VID/PID to identify the
Arduino-based USB bootloader.

https://github.com/hackerspacesv/ArduinoCore-samd/

Our plan is to keep using those VID/PID already reserved on pid.codes when
the USB support is ready for RIOT-OS.

Regards,
Mario.