[riot-devel] PhyNode connecting to Raspberry Pi

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Mon Jan 21 14:46:21 CET 2019

Hi Anna,

it is quite cumbersome at the moment, especially considering that the
current Raspbian kernel is broken.

May I suggest @smlng's Wiki pages [1]? AFAIK They contain up-to-date
information on how to set up the RasPi side.

Once that is set up, compiling and flashing e.g.,
"examples/gnrc_networking" onto the phynode should be a starting point.
When typing "ifconfig" in RIOT's shell, it should show an IP address
picked up from the RasPi, and pinging between them should work.

Kaspar

[1]
https://github.com/RIOT-Makers/wpan-raspbian/wiki/Create-a-generic-Raspbian-image-with-6LoWPAN-support