[riot-devel] Porting Zenoh Protocol to RIOT

Brenton Chetty brent7984 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 09:26:45 CEST 2019

Hi guys, I managed to do a port for the Zenoh protocol (ZHe and Zenoh-C) (
https://github.com/atolab/zenoh-c) (https://github.com/atolab/zhe). It
works on native, however when I try to compile it for a board it fails
during the CMAKE build phase. Note, I used RIOTs package system.

When i compile using native, the *(gcc and g++)* compilers are used. When i
compile for a board the *arm-none-eabi-gcc *compiler is used.

For compiling ZHe, i receive the following error "fatal error:
netinet/in.h: No such file or directory,,,,, #include <netinet/in.h>"

For compiling Zenoh-C, i receive the following error "Looking for
pthread_create - not found".... "-- Check if compiler accepts -pthread -
no"....Note, that pthread.h was found.

Also note, ZHe does not use threads, whilst Zenoh-C does use threads.

Any advice on how I can solve these issues, would be appreciated?

With thanks
Brenton