[riot-devel] FreeRTOS comparison in the website

Juan Ignacio Carrano j.carrano at fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 12 17:12:36 CET 2019

Hi RIOT developers,

In many of the meetings/events I have been with the RAPStore team we had
quite a few people asking us how does RIOT relate to FreeRTOS. The
"official" response up to now has been that we don't do that comparison
because FreeRTOS does not include all the things that RIOT has, mainly
networking (and drivers too.)

Still, people ask the question and I'd like to give them an answer.
Also, I don't know how accurate is the "no network" answer, especially
since FreeRTOS was acquired by Amazon. I've never used FreeRTOS so I'd
be grateful if anybody who knows could explain what's going on.

Looking at http://riot-os.org/ I don't see any comparison to FreeRTOS
either. It would be great to have it so we can point people to our
website when they ask.

Regards,

Juan.