[riot-devel] gcoap blockwise transfer

Ashim Asharaph AAsharaph at csir.co.za
Thu May 2 16:05:46 CEST 2019

Dear RIOT developers

I'm sending a GET request from gcoap running on native to a californium server hosting a file. The file is about 56kB in size. I can receive the file correctly (multiple blocks) when using Californium Copper. I can only receive one 512 byte block of data through gcoap. I have tried changing GCOAP_PDU_BUF_SIZE but this only affects whether I can receive the one block. How do I receive multiple blocks? Has coap blockwise transfer been implemented in gcoap? Is nanocoap a suitable alternative for receiving the file?

Kind regards
Ashim Asharaph