[riot-devel] gcoap blockwise transfer

Ken Bannister kb2ma at runbox.com
Thu May 2 16:44:45 CEST 2019

Hi Ashim and welcome to RIOT!

As you say, we have two CoAP tools -- nanocoap and gcoap. Here are your
options.

In the latest release, 2019.04, nanocoap has server-based block
capabilities. So, it would work if Californium acted as a client and
PUT/POSTed the file contents to your nanocoap server. See the
nanocoap_server example in the source repository and documentation at
Modules > Networking > Nanocoap.

There also are PRs for full client/server block capabilities. In this
case it's probably easier to use gcoap because it's fully documented,
but a nanocoap client would work, too. See #11057 for the final PR in
the series. If you build the source documentation (make doc), you will
find detailed instructions and links to examples. See the Modules >
Networking > Gcoap topic.

I am the author of the PR series, and would appreciate you testing it
out. We are actively (if slowly) reviewing and merging these PRs.

Ken