[riot-devel] RIOT vectors for Smartfusion2 port

Juan Ignacio Carrano j.carrano at fu-berlin.de
Tue May 28 17:04:54 CEST 2019

Hi Ashim,

I assume you are basing your SmartFusion port on some existing CPU. If
that's the case, it would be useful to know which one. Even better if
you can link us to a publicly accessible repo.

> I have tried including this file in the new cpu folder I
> created but get the following error when trying to make:
> arm-none-eabi-gcc: error:
> /home/user/Desktop/SmartFusion2/testjig/riot/2019.04/examples/hello-world/bin/sf2-starter-kit/cpu/vectors.o:
> No such file or directory

The first question is why the build system is expecting to find
vectors.o. Not all CPUs generate that file (in your case you would
compile startup_m2sxxx.S into startup_m2sxxx.o) I believe the answer to
this question lies in the CPU you started with.

For example: you mention the LPC2387. If you compile any example with
BOARD=msba2 (which uses that cpu) and look inside "bin/msba2/cpu" you
will not find any vectors.o and that's OK.

> How do I use the above file correctly in the RIOT port? Is there some
> configuration that should be changed to use the file properly or should
> I convert it to a vectors.c file? If so, how do I go about doing so?

AFAIK you should not need to convert anything, just place the .S file in
your CPU directory, but without knowing the full contents of the dir it
is hard to tell what is happening.

Regards,

Juan.