[riot-devel] RIOT vectors for Smartfusion2 port

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Wed May 29 08:47:42 CEST 2019

Hi Ashim,

the LPC2387 is unfortunately a very bad example, as this CPU is not very
well maintained and does not comply with the best practices of structure
and style that newer CPUs in RIOT use.

The general approach for porting CPUs in RIOT is to rely as much as
possible on shared code. Keeping this in mind, all the needed startup
code, base linker scripts, ... etc, are implemented and provided by the
shared `cpu/cortexm_common` code path. All the specific CPU
implementations have to provide, are their interrupt vector structure
(see e.g. `cpu/samd21/vectors.c` or `cpu/stm32f4/vectors.c`), their
memory layout (see e.g. `cpu/sam0_common/Makefile.include`), their clock
initialization code (see e.g. `cpu/samd21/cpu.c`), and of course there
peripheral driver implementations (typically in a `periph` subdir).

So with this, all you need is to extract that information above from the
vendor libraries and you should be good to go!

Cheers,
Hauke