[riot-devel] Driver for the at86rf215

Robert Hartung hartung at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Thu Oct 24 16:20:09 CEST 2019

Hello fellow developers,

I am targeting this question to developers here first before opening any
issues. We are looking to implement a driver for the at86rf215. The
challenge here is, that we cannot fit it into the existing at86rf2xx
driver for a simple reason: It has two interfaces for Sub-Ghz and 2.4Ghz
communication, but shares a single interrupt pin. My idea was to have a
single device, which has multiple communication interfaces. From what
I've seen and researched about netdev, this is not possible, as a netdev
has a driver, which consists of the callbacks, including the isr handler.

The Idea would then be to have a meta device for the interrupt handling
and then calling the actual isr for the radio that the interrupt was
ment for. Any one having a similar problem or any ideas how to solve
this issue?

Best Regards
Robert

--
Robert Hartung, M.Sc.

Technische Universität Braunschweig
Institut für Betriebssysteme und Rechnerverbund
Mühlenpfordtstr. 23, Raum 115
38106 Braunschweig

Fon: +49 (531) 391 - 3264
Fax: +49 (531) 391 - 5936