[riot-devel] Release 2019.10 - dates and feature requests

Gaëtan Harter gaetan.harter at fu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 17 14:36:55 CEST 2019

Hi Ken,

On 9/4/19 9:52 PM, Ken Bannister wrote:
> |Dear RIOTers,
>

> The release dates for the upcoming release cycle are fixed as follows:
>
> - 01.10.2019 - soft feature freeze, for high impact features
>
> - 10.10.2019 - hard feature freeze, for all features
>
> - 31.10.2019 - Release date
> |

> |Please send your suggestions for features which you would like to see
> merged during this release cycle. I'm also happy to discuss with those
> at the summit over the next couple of days.

I am interested by having these two fixes as they are currently the last
ones required for running the release tests on these boards. Otherwise I
will still add them to a local branch during testing as I did for the
last 2 releases.

* boards/pba-d-01-kw2x: fix flashing from invalid state #11549
* boards/frdm: fix flashing from invalid state #12261

If possible, going as far as possible with the migration of
CPU/CPU_MODEL as we are currently into a transitional state:

* Tracking: move CPU/CPU_MODEL to Makefile.features #11477

Somehow I am also interested by 'cleanterm' to have a terminal without
added behavior or output to simplify parsing outputs and interactions.
This would allow starting to work on functions abstracting the shell
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/10949 for automated testing

* Makefile.include: add cleanterm target and use it for tests #12107

But as always, what does not go in will wait :)

Best regards,
Gaëtan