[riot-devel] Release 2021.01

José Ignacio Alamos jose.alamos at haw-hamburg.de
Thu Feb 4 16:22:21 CET 2021

Dear RIOTers,

We are happy to announce the 26th official release of RIOT:

----------------------- * RIOT [2021.01] * -----------------------

The 2021.01 release includes:
 - Device Firmware Upgrade support for USBUS
 - USB HID minimal implementation
 - IEEE 802.15.4 security initial implementation
 - 6LowPAN Minimal Forwarding and Selective Fragment Recovery initial
   implementation
 - Initial support for QN808x, SAMD10 STM32MP1 and STM32L5 CPUs
 - Initial support for Cortex-M33
 - A module for selecting entropy sources
 - Initial support for the Decawave Impulse Radio-Ultra Wideband (UWB Core)
 - Capability to join or leave link layer multicast groups (GNRC)
 - Support for IN865 region in GNRC LoRaWAN
 - 83 additional modules supported by Kconfig
 - 14 new boards, 6 new device drivers, 8 packages updated

In order to improve community interaction, during this release cycle we started
to migrate from a mailing-list-based communication to forum-based
communication. We are proud to present the RIOT-OS forum available at
forum.riot-os.org

533 pull requests, composed of 1440 commits, have been merged since the
last release, and 65 issues have been solved. 58 people contributed with
code in 119 days. 3852 files have been touched with 348619 (+) insertions and
52516 deletions (-).

You can download the RIOT release from Github by cloning the repository
and checkout the release tag [1] or by downloading the tarball [2], and
look up the release notes for further details [3].

A big thank you to everybody who contributed!

Best regards,
José

[1]:https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/2021.01

[2]:https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/archive/2021.01.tar.gz