[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] GoMacH Protocol for IEEE 802.15.4 networks (#5618)
notifications at github.com
Sat Sep 30 18:33:55 CEST 2017
## Stability evaluation 4
Finished a fourth long-time experiment (the final one) for evaluating GoMacH's stability:
Topology: one sink (receiver) and 5 senders:
This experiment is based on `examples/default`
5 senders adopt an intensive data rate for continuing generating data packets and sending to the sink;
Data rate for each sender: **10packets/1second**;
Data size for each packet: **80 bytes** (raw payload);
MAC cycle duration for all nodes: **200ms**;
MAC Tx-Queue size for each node: **8 packets**;
**Experiment duration: 49 hours (> two days)**;
Notably, the taffic of the network (taffic loads from all the senders) is currently **beyong** the offered throughput of GoMacH. And by applying such an overwhelming traffic, the goal of this experiment is to check that:
1) **Given the intensive data rate, and thus, intensive memory/buffer allocation and release manipulations, will GoMacH lead to memory leak or stack overflow, i.e., to see whether the protocol still has critical bugs of improper memory/buffer manipulation;**
2) **to test the robustness of the protocol that, given an overwhelming traffic rate, whether the protocol can still maintain basic communication functionality, i.e., normal sending/receiving. We don't want GoMacH dead (not functioning) in case of overwhelming traffic situation.**
2017-09-30 18:19:06,656 - INFO # 71f2, 1721548, 1684624, 8475545.
2017-09-30 18:19:06,661 - INFO # 2c02, 1722083, 1705502, 8475546.
2017-09-30 18:19:06,666 - INFO # c13a, 1726374, 1643696, 8475547.
2017-09-30 18:19:06,671 - INFO # 675e, 1729352, 1724512, 8475548.
2017-09-30 18:19:06,678 - INFO # 4262, 1723393, 1717215, 8475549.
1) Packet deliver ratio: 8475549 (generated) / 8622750 (received) = 98.2928%;
2) After 49 hours running time, no devices go dead, or be halted.
3) GoMacH successfully maintains normal sending/receiving capability; To be more specific, all the nodes keep successfully delivering their packets to the receiver, although some of the generated packet will be dropped due to Tx-queue full or meeting the maximum Tx-retry limit.
Actually, with some adaptation/optimization (on the WP period of GoMacH, or having larger TX-queue size), GoMacH's throughput can be further boosted/improved, i.e., achieving higher traffic adaptation. That will be done in the future (maybe in following PRs.) ;-)
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications