[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] sys/newlib: Split stubs and make modules provide non-stubs (#9258)
notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 20 21:37:15 CET 2018
IMO, this could be massively simplified by just adding conditional compile time warnings to the stub implementations. No need to touch 19 files and multiply 40 lines by ten.
I'm thinking ```#warning newlib: xtimer module not selected, using stubs for foo, bar, ...!```.
E.g., just add what you're missing: a compile time warning/error when stubs are being used.
- please keep/move newlib stuff in/to ```sys/newlib```
- whatever made you use UNDEF, drop that, there's probably another way
- please aggregate the tests. Why not make them part of the unittests, or a generic "libc" test, or extend the existing libc_newlib, if the?
- if you go with one function per file, call the file like the function
- now there's "newlib_syscalls_riot" and "newlib_syscalls_default". I'm guessing that "_riot" means "implements newlib functionality using RIOT facilities". In other contexts, "newlib_syscalls_X" points to a platform. I'm not sure we should mix that.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications