[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] gcoap: remove deprecated function gcoap_req_send() (#11445)
notifications at github.com
Thu Apr 25 13:49:53 CEST 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This function was deprecated [1,5 years ago](https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/commit/af1eca90#diff-d696c4c71e4cef0f608c90caebbabf0bR357), so I think we can remove it now. Additionally I renamed `gcoap_req_send2()` to `gcoap_req_send()` and provided a migration wrapper around it named `gcoap_req_send2()` that is already deprecated with removal slated for the 2019.10 release.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
Compiling `examples/gcoap` should still work when all commits are used.
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* gcoap: remove deprecated function `gcoap_req_send()`
* gcoap: rename gcoap_req_send2() to gcoap_req_send()
* gcoap: provide migration alias for gcoap_req_send2
-- File Changes --
M sys/include/net/gcoap.h (22)
M sys/net/application_layer/gcoap/gcoap.c (20)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications