[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] sys/random: use periph/hwrng as seed if available (#10974)
notifications at github.com
Fri Feb 8 14:52:55 CET 2019
### Contribution description
I just noticed, that we do not utilize any `periph/hwrng` implementation for seeding the `random` module.
This PR uses the `hwrng` as seed source per default, if it is availble for the target platform, or if not overruled by using `puf_sram` (or any potentially any other more specific option in the future).
Was there any reason for not using the `hwrng` for seeding? If so, simply close this PR again. I don't really intend to trigger a lengthy discussion here...
### Testing procedure
- build `examples/default` with and without `USEMODULE += puf_sram` and on platforms with and without `hwrng` to verify module dependencies (`test/rng` does not work necessarily, as it always include `periph_hwrng` via `FEATURES_OPTIONAL`...)
- run `tests/rng` to verify the seeding...
### Issues/PRs references
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* sys/random: fix indention in doxygen header
* sys/random: add guard for periph/cpuid include
* sys/random: add hwrng as seed source (if available)
-- File Changes --
M Makefile.dep (4)
M sys/random/random.c (17)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications