[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] gnrc_sixlowpan_frag: allow send of multiple datagrams simultaneously (#11021)
notifications at github.com
Fri Feb 15 12:50:42 CET 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
For fragment forwarding I need to be able to send (and in case the packet is compressed also [re-]construct) fragments of multiple datagrams. Currently this is not possible, since the source for the datagram tag is always taken from the global variable `_tag`. However, by adding the `tag` to the `gnrc_sixlowpan_msg_frag_t` type we are able to allocate a datagram tag from `_tag` at an earlier point and use the new member to set the fragments datagram tag field from that.
I also piggy-backed some optimizations to the `gnrc_sixlowpan_frag` module, which results in this enhancement only to require 20 more bytes of code.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
`gnrc_networking` should still be able to ping between two 6Lo-capable nodes with large payloads.
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* gnrc_sixlowpan_frag: expose tag progression functionality
* gnrc_sixlowpan_frag: allow send of multiple datagrams simultaneously
* gnrc_sixlowpan_frag: reorder stack variables for better stack usage
* gnrc_sixlowpan_frag: unify common operations
-- File Changes --
M sys/include/net/gnrc/sixlowpan/frag.h (8)
M sys/net/gnrc/network_layer/sixlowpan/frag/gnrc_sixlowpan_frag.c (107)
M sys/net/gnrc/network_layer/sixlowpan/gnrc_sixlowpan.c (1)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications