[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] gnrc_netif: expose message queue size configurable (#11067)
notifications at github.com
Tue Feb 26 11:45:46 CET 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
In some offline discussions regarding https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/10268 we noticed, that the message queue size is too small for some network devices to handle large fragmented packages. Not just the driver in #10268 is affected, but also e.g. the `kw2x` on `pba-d-01-kw2x`. This change
1. Increases the queue size from 8 to 16 for `gnrc_netif` threads and
2. Exposes the macro for the message queue size and makes it configurable.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
Compile and flash `examples/gnrc_networking` to `pba-d-01-kw2x`, try to ping it from another IEEE-802.15.4-capable board with large payloads:
ping6 -s 1232 <link-local address>
Without this PR problems might arise, with it, it should work. Also try and see if for smaller boards (e.g. `z1` or `arduino-mega2560`) `examples/gnrc_minimal` still works without stack overflows (you can't send too huge packets though, as the packet buffer size is set to 512 in `gnrc_minimal`)
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Discovered in #10268.
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* gnrc_netif: increase message queue size
* gnrc_netif: expose message queue size configurable
-- File Changes --
M sys/include/net/gnrc/netif/conf.h (11)
M sys/net/gnrc/netif/gnrc_netif.c (2)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications