[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] boards/stm32: revert forced use of dma feature in STM32 boards (#10803)
notifications at github.com
Thu Jan 17 16:00:09 CET 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This PR reverts parts of the changes introduced in #9171 to fix problems reported in #10800. See #10800 for details about the problems but the general idea is that some thread tests are not thread safe because multiple threads tries to write to stdio in parallel.
Since the UART DMA is still configured for the boards, I adapted the `tests/periph_dma` to check UART is working on hardware.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
- Build, flash, test `tests/periph_dam` on iotlab-m3, b-l072z-lrwan1, nucleo-l152re, etc (e.g all boards modified in #9171)
- Check the output is OK
- Play the shell using `examples/default` on those boards.
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* boards: revert forced use of periph_dma with STM32
* tests/periph_dma: add automatic testing of DMA over UART
-- File Changes --
M boards/b-l072z-lrwan1/Makefile.dep (2)
M boards/b-l475e-iot01a/Makefile.dep (2)
M boards/iotlab-m3/Makefile.dep (2)
M boards/nucleo-f091rc/Makefile.dep (2)
M boards/nucleo-f207zg/Makefile.dep (2)
M boards/nucleo-f767zi/Makefile.dep (2)
M boards/nucleo-l152re/Makefile.dep (2)
M tests/periph_dma/main.c (2)
A tests/periph_dma/tests/01-run.py (18)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications