[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] Gnrc netif/enh/i10723 (#10817)
notifications at github.com
Fri Jan 18 15:58:48 CET 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This fixes #10723 by providing a new getter for the (unconverted) EUI-64 in the interface layer. This getter then is used instead of the link-layer address to set the EUI-64 in the ARO and also check it.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
Flash two 6Lo-capable boards with `gnrc_border_router` and `gnrc_networking`. The `gnrc_networking` should get a global address which will be marked as valid. Not just IEEE 802.15.4-capable boards should be able to do this now, but also BLE-based boards and more exotic candidates like `cc110x`, `nrfmin`, or `esp-now`.
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* eui48: introduce eui48_to_eui64() function
* eui48: wrap eui48_to_ipv6_iid() around eui48_to_eui64()
* gnrc_netif: rename _create_iid_from_short() to emphesize EUI-64
* gnrc_netif: introduce L2 address to EUI-64 conversion
* gnrc_netif: wrap _ipv6_iid_from_addr() around _eui64_from_addr()
* gnrc_ipv6_nib: use gnrc_netif_get_eui64() for ARO build and check
-- File Changes --
M sys/include/net/eui48.h (31)
M sys/include/net/gnrc/netif/internal.h (59)
M sys/net/gnrc/netif/gnrc_netif_device_type.c (85)
M sys/net/gnrc/network_layer/ipv6/nib/_nib-6ln.c (9)
M sys/net/gnrc/network_layer/ipv6/nib/_nib-arsm.c (11)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications