[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] tests/periph_rtt: add Python script for automatic testing + use 5s delay between Hellos (#10893)
notifications at github.com
Tue Jan 29 08:45:32 CET 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This PR is updating the `periph_rtt` test application to display "Hello" every 5s instead of 10s and also adds a Python test to automatize the checks.
For each 'Hello' displayed a timeout of 'period + 1s' is used. To have a check on RTT precision, the test application have to be modified.
Tested with success on iotlab-m3 and samr21-xpro.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
This PR can be fully tested using IoT-LAB.
- Start an experiment on the testbed of Saclay:
$ iotlab-experiment -n rtt -d 20 -l 1,site=saclay+archi=m3:at86rf231 -l 1,site=saclay+archi=samr21:at86rf233
- Build/flash/test the application:
$ make BOARD=iotlab-m3 IOTLAB_NODE=auto-ssh -C tests/periph_rtt flash test
$ make BOARD=samr21-xpro IOTLAB_NODE=auto-ssh -C tests/periph_rtt flash test
All tests should succeed.
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* tests/periph_rtt: use a 5s delay between each hello
* tests/periph_rtt: add automatic testing script
-- File Changes --
M tests/periph_rtt/README.md (2)
M tests/periph_rtt/main.c (8)
A tests/periph_rtt/tests/01-run.py (26)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications