[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] doc/memos: RDM Runtime Configuration Architecture (#10622)
Juan I Carrano
notifications at github.com
Fri Jun 7 15:06:50 CEST 2019
The general idea was to:
- Make it less dynamic
- Make it so that it can map easily to file-like structure.
The concrete changes are:
- There is a (static) array listing configuration variables along with their type.
- This makes a "listing" (export) method unnecessary. It can still exist, but it is not per-setting but rather a generic helper.
- The "set" method takes an already parsed value (via a union) instead of a string.
- The parsing code is generic.
- It should be possible to create the config structures at compile time, in read-only memory.
- Read-only data can also be presented via this interface.
- The config system will look like a tree (but needs not be implemented as such)
- It will be possible (by writing the appropriate glue code) to access config values via standard fopen(), read(). fwrite(). Think of `/sys/` and `/proc/`. The important thing here is that if done properly, there is minimal overhead.
- This is related to sensors/saul: it will be convenient to expose sensor meta-data and adjust their setting via the config interface.
I just had another idea: what if we remove `commit()` method, instead having a "group/commit" config variable that causes a commit for "group" whenever _any_ value is written to it. The main reason for doing this is that now the whole system fits under fopen()/read()/fwrite().
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications