[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] sock: initial definitions for asynchronous event handling (#11723)
notifications at github.com
Wed Jun 19 15:03:47 CEST 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This represents another approach to asynchronous sock as outlined in https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/8149#issuecomment-482497589. Apart from the necessary definitions for all basic sock types, this PR also contains an example implementation for `event.h` which can also be separated out into another PR.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
No implementation in this PR, just API (and an implementation using this unimplemented API ;-)).
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Alternative to #8149.
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* sock: initial import of asynchronous event definitions
* sock_async_event: initial import of event-based implementation
* sock_ip: add definitions for asynchronous sock
* sock_tcp: add definitions for asynchronous sock
* sock_udp: add definitions for asynchronous sock
-- File Changes --
M sys/Makefile (3)
M sys/Makefile.include (4)
M sys/include/net/sock.h (27)
A sys/include/net/sock/async/event.h (56)
M sys/include/net/sock/ip.h (46)
M sys/include/net/sock/tcp.h (87)
M sys/include/net/sock/udp.h (46)
A sys/net/sock/async/event/Makefile (3)
A sys/net/sock/async/event/Makefile.include (2)
A sys/net/sock/async/event/sock_async_ctx.h (42)
A sys/net/sock/async/event/sock_async_event.c (69)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications