[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] Switch recommended Windows setup to msys2? (#11208)
Juan I Carrano
notifications at github.com
Tue Mar 19 15:16:15 CET 2019
I recently learned about [msys2](http://www.msys2.org/) and the closely related [mingw-w64](https://mingw-w64.org/doku.php/start). Both are a "revival" of msys and mingw. I tried the briefly in a VM:
- They have more updated packages. In particular, a decently recent version of GNU make (4.2)
- Msys2 uses pacman to install packages.
- Python 2 and 3 get installed correctly, and python libraries are also supported by the package manager.
- I just tried it and the command `python3` works. This means that #10768 would not have happened with msys2.
- It is actively mantained.
Who thinks it is a good idea to change the recommended Windows setup to Msys2?
@bluephoton, @vac, do you have experience with msys2?
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications