[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] boards/frdm-kw41z: add riotboot (#11562)
notifications at github.com
Wed May 22 09:43:36 CEST 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
This PR adds riotboot support for kw41z. To do this the following changes had to be done:
- modify tests/cortex_comon_ldscript to also work for kinetis
- add script to prevent bricked kinetis when flashing binary files
- handle rom_offset in kinetis.ld script
I know the linker script related changes should be in another PR but I wanted to get @cladmi feedback on them before splitting them up.
### Testing procedure
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
Run ldscript test:
`BOARD=frdm-kw41z APP_VER=$(date +%s) make -C tests/cortexm_common_ldscript/`
Run riotboot tests:
`BOARD=frdm-kw41z FEATURES_REQUIRED+=riotboot APP_VER=$(date +%s) make -C examples/hello-world/ riotboot/flash-extended-slot0`
`BOARD=frdm-kw41z FEATURES_REQUIRED+=riotboot APP_VER=$(date +%s) make -C examples/hello-world/ riotboot/flash-slot1 `
### Issues/PRs references
- [ ] Split first 2 commits in separate PR's
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* tests/cortex_comon_ldscript: adapt to kinetis
* kinetis/check-fcfield-bin: add fcfield check bin
* kinetis/ldscripts: add _rom_offset
* boards/common/kw41z: add riotboot support
-- File Changes --
M boards/common/frdm/Makefile.include (5)
M boards/common/kw41z/Makefile.features (3)
M cpu/kinetis/Makefile.include (6)
A cpu/kinetis/dist/check-fcfield-bin.sh (45)
M cpu/kinetis/ldscripts/kinetis.ld (24)
M tests/cortexm_common_ldscript/Makefile (2)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications