[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] sys/log: add module for colorized logging (#11573)
notifications at github.com
Fri May 24 13:46:31 CEST 2019
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
This PR adds a custom logging module for adding colors to displayed messages using ANSI escape codes. It can be useful to distinguish the type of messages displayed (ERROR, DEBUG, INFO, etc).
Colors are customizable using CFLAGS.
I add to patch the pyterm script to process the reset sequence correctly when the log message is not terminated by a newline. I haven't found a better solution so far.
### Testing procedure
This PR contains a modified version of the hello-world examples that will be replaced by a test application if people think it can be merged. So for the moment just use `hello-world`:
$ make BOARD=<your favorite board> -C examples/hello-world flash term
$ RIOT_TERMINAL=socat make BOARD=<your favorite board> -C examples/hello-world flash term
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Based on #11572
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* boards/native: fix overriden INCLUDES leading to build failure
* sys/log: add colored logging module
* dist/tools/pyterm: fix handling of reset ANSI escape code
* examples/hello-world: modified with log_color
-- File Changes --
M boards/native/Makefile (2)
M dist/tools/pyterm/pyterm (8)
M examples/hello-world/Makefile (5)
M examples/hello-world/main.c (11)
M makefiles/pseudomodules.inc.mk (1)
M sys/log/Makefile.include (4)
A sys/log/log_color/log_module.h (110)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications