[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] riotboot: define if building the bootloader (#12297)
notifications at github.com
Tue Sep 24 16:53:00 CEST 2019
### Contribution description
This PR exposes a global define that can be used to skip certain parts of the bootloader, when building the bootloader.
I need that for several reasons:
* reducing the size of the bootloader (for instance, the EFM32 `cpu_init()` does a lot more that should not happen in the bootloader)
* skipping parts in `cpu_init()` that are not relevant during boot
* configuring clock sources
* example: I could have an updated firmware that uses another source/configuration
* e.g. chip applying errata
* example: there can be new (conflicting) [EFM32 errata](https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/cpu/efm32/cpu.c#L159)
* configuring DC-DC parameters
* example: I decide to update [DC-DC parameters](https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/cpu/efm32/cpu.c#L59) to make my board more efficient or stable
* peripheral initialization
My goal is to boot as quick as possible to the actual firmware on the defaults, and then do proper initialization.
### Testing procedure
Any test that uses the `riotboot` bootloader should still work.
### Issues/PRs references
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* riotboot: define if building the bootloader
-- File Changes --
M bootloaders/riotboot/Makefile (2)
M bootloaders/riotboot/README.md (4)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications