[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] mk/boards/stm32: add JLink support (#14017)
notifications at github.com
Mon May 4 16:44:21 CEST 2020
### Contribution description
The Jlink programmers are also capable of flashing STM32 targets via SWD - useful if you want to flash an stm32-based board and that is the only programmer available to you :-)
So this little PR adds support to use a Jlink for programming STM32 devices, simply cal `PROGRAMMER=jlink make flash`. I tested this with the `blxxpill`-boards, but it should work fine with every other stm32-based one.
When having a look at the [list of supported stm32 devices](https://www.segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php), the names that Segger uses for their targets are the same that RIOT boards define in their `CPU_MODEL` variable.
### Testing procedure
- take any stm32-based board (e.g. `bluepill`)
- connect programmin gpins to a Segger Jlink programmer (GND, SWDIO, SWCLK, VTref), see e.g. https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/technology/interface-description/
- flash any RIOT application to that board using the Jlink programmer by running `PROGRAMMER=jlink make flash`
- make sure your application is now running at your board
### Issues/PRs references
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* mk/boards/stm32: add JLink support
-- File Changes --
M makefiles/boards/stm32.inc.mk (7)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications