[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] gnrc_netif: use gnrc_netif-submodules to pull in upper-layer struct members (#14026)
notifications at github.com
Tue May 5 19:15:51 CEST 2020
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
Instead of using the upper-layer modules directly to pull in upper-layer specific struct members, this changes `gnrc_netif` to use (in some cases newly introduced pseudo-)submodules to pull them in. This is aiming to reduce circular dependencies within GNRC in a follow-up PR.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
Everything should still compile and build sizes should stay the same.
In particular I compile-tested
and ran the tests on `native` for
- the `tests-gnrc_mac_internal` suite for `tests/unittests`
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
None, but among the things mentioned above it helps with phase II of the Kconfig migration.
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* gnrc_netif: fix gnrc_netif_lorawan dependencies
* gnrc_netif: introduce gnrc_netif_6lo pseudo-module for 6LoWPAN members
* gnrc_netif: introduce gnrc_netif_ipv6 pseudo-module for IPv6 members
* gnrc_netif: introduce gnrc_netif_mac pseudo-module for gnrc_mac members
-- File Changes --
M Makefile.dep (7)
M makefiles/pseudomodules.inc.mk (3)
M pkg/nimble/netif/nimble_netif.c (4)
M sys/include/net/gnrc/netif.h (18)
M sys/include/net/gnrc/netif/internal.h (10)
M sys/net/gnrc/netif/gnrc_netif.c (36)
M sys/net/gnrc/netif/gnrc_netif_device_type.c (16)
M sys/net/gnrc/netif/init_devs/auto_init_sx127x.c (2)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications