[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] sock_dtls: add timeout to sock_dtls_send and sock_dtls_session_create (#14043)
notifications at github.com
Thu May 14 17:10:45 CEST 2020
@miri64 requested changes on this pull request.
> sock_dtls: fix doxygen warnings
That commit does not contain any doxygen warning fixes, but mostly style fixes (btw, its ok, if a line is >80, as long as it stays <100)
> - * @return -EADDRNOTAVAIL, if the local endpoint of @p sock is not set.
- * @return -EINVAL, if @p remote is invalid or @p sock is not properly
- * initialized (or closed while sock_udp_recv() blocks).
Shouldn't those two still be relevant for the new behavior?
- * @note Function may block until a session is created if there is no
- * existing session with @p remote.
- * @note Initiating a session through this function will require
- * @ref sock_dtls_recv() called from another thread to receive the handshake
- * messages.
+ * @note When blocking, we will need an extra thread to call the receive
* @note When blocking, we will need an extra thread to call the `sock_dtls_recv()`
> * 3. Start listening with @ref sock_dtls_recv()
* - Client operation
* 1. Create UDP sock @ref sock_udp_create()
- * 2. Create DTLS sock @ref sock_dtls_create() using role @ref SOCK_DTLS_CLIENT
- * 3. Create session to server @ref sock_dtls_session_create()
+ * 2. Create DTLS sock @ref sock_dtls_create() using role
+ * @ref SOCK_DTLS_CLIENT
+ * 3. Start handshake session to server @ref sock_dtls_session_init()
+ * 4. Handle incoming handshake packets with @ref sock_dtls_session_recv()
* 4. Handle incoming handshake packets with @ref sock_dtls_recv()
> @@ -694,6 +711,46 @@ ssize_t sock_dtls_send(sock_dtls_t *sock, sock_dtls_session_t *remote,
void sock_dtls_close(sock_dtls_t *sock);
+ * @brief Creates a new DTLS session
+ * Sends a ClientHello to initiate a handshake process with a DTLS server at
* Sends a ClientHello message to initiate a handshake process with a DTLS server at
> @@ -547,25 +567,18 @@ int sock_dtls_create(sock_dtls_t *sock, sock_udp_t *udp_sock,
credman_tag_t tag, unsigned version, unsigned role);
- * @brief Creates a new DTLS session
- * Initializes handshake process with a DTLS server at @p ep.
+ * @brief Send a ClientHello to start the handshake
* @brief Send a ClientHello message to start the handshake
However, I would prefer to keep it abstract in the `@brief`:
Initialize session handshake.
It should also be explained in the detailed section of this function, that `sock_dtls_recv()` must be called to finish the handshake.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications