[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] Renode improvements (#15427)
notifications at github.com
Wed Nov 11 07:43:23 CET 2020
### Contribution description
Some improvements for the renode integration. Especially in context of the [RIOT OS IDE](https://github.com/Citrullin/RIOT-OS-IDE). Eventually the IDE contains everything someone needs to start with developing an application in RIOT.
No extras needed. In order to make this possible, I need to change the renode implementation.
Overall this is still a work in progress.
- [No such command or device: next_value](https://github.com/renode/renode/issues/152)
- `telnet localhost 3456` seems not to work, even though the UART should be exposed via the [socket terminal](https://renode.readthedocs.io/en/latest/host-integration/uart.html#socket-terminal) on the nrf52840dk.
### Testing procedure
With RIOT OS snap package:
1. Clone the [RIOT OS IDE](https://github.com/Citrullin/RIOT-OS-IDE).
2. Change into the cloned directory. Create a snap with `snapcraft`
3. Install the generated snap with `snap install --devmode riot-os-ide_0.1_[ARCHITECTURE].snap`
4. Change into an example application in RIOT
5. Execute `RENODE=/snap/bin/riot-os-ide.renode BOARD=nrf52840dk make emulate`
With global renode installation:
1. Change into an example application in RIOT
2. Execute `RENODE=/snap/bin/riot-os-ide.renode BOARD=nrf52840dk make emulate`
### Issues/PRs references
Contains workarounds for [#144 in renode](https://github.com/renode/renode/issues/144).
@basilfx Does this workaround work for you too? Or do I need to change something?
@chrysn Since you also commit on [EFM2RIOT](https://github.com/basilfx/EFM2RIOT/tree/feature/simplify), you are might be interested in this as well.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* Add renode improvements
* Update cc2538 renode board config
* Add all target to emulate
* Change board.repl to cpu.repl in cc2538dk
* Change image_file assignment
* Add nrf52840dk renode board configuration
* Remove unnecessary renode board configuration from scripts
* Add periph_uart_modecfg to sltb001a board feature
* rm merge_config
* Resolve ikea-tradfri merge conflict
-- File Changes --
M Makefile.include (2)
M boards/cc2538dk/dist/board.resc (43)
M boards/ikea-tradfri/Makefile.features (6)
M boards/ikea-tradfri/Makefile.include (3)
A boards/ikea-tradfri/dist/board.resc (22)
M boards/nrf52840dk/Makefile.features (3)
M boards/nrf52840dk/Makefile.include (3)
A boards/nrf52840dk/dist/board.resc (16)
M boards/sltb001a/Makefile.features (6)
M boards/sltb001a/Makefile.include (3)
A boards/sltb001a/dist/board.resc (22)
M boards/stm32f4discovery/Makefile.features (1)
M boards/stm32f4discovery/Makefile.include (3)
A boards/stm32f4discovery/dist/board.resc (40)
A cpu/cc2538/dist/cpu.repl (76)
A cpu/efm32/dist/cpu.repl (66)
A cpu/nrf52/dist/cpu.repl (25)
A cpu/stm32f7/dist/cpu.repl (126)
A dist/tools/kconfiglib/menuconfig.py (3281)
M dist/tools/renode/run-renode.sh (77)
A dist/tools/renode/scripts/monitor.py (60)
A dist/tools/renode/scripts/pydev/counter.py (7)
A dist/tools/renode/scripts/pydev/flipflop.py (7)
A dist/tools/renode/scripts/pydev/repeater.py (8)
A dist/tools/renode/scripts/pydev/rolling-bit.py (10)
A dist/tools/renode/scripts/pydev/ticker.py (7)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications