[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] Pr/fix gnrc pktq (#15435)
notifications at github.com
Thu Nov 12 16:38:03 CET 2020
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This PR fixes a pktbuf leak when using `gnrc_netif_pktq`. There was a missing `gnrc_pktbuf_release(pkt)` when the device was busy AND the pkt queue was full.
It also adds dequeue events for `NETDEV_EVENT_TX_COMPLETE_DATA_PENDING` and `NETDEV_EVENT_TX_NOACK`, which are already present when using `netdev_ieee802154_submac`
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
Doing stress ping would leak the packet buffer (even if the address doesn't exist):
ping fe80::212:4b00:60d:61dd -s 1100 -i 0 -c 200
With this PR, there shouldn't be pktbuf leaks even under stress conditions.
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
None so far
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* gnrc_netif: add missing netdev events
* gnrc_netif: add missing pktbuf release
-- File Changes --
M sys/net/gnrc/netif/gnrc_netif.c (5)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications