[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] ieee802154/hal: adapt frame filter and source address matching changes (#15468)
notifications at github.com
Wed Nov 18 15:35:53 CET 2020
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This PR implements the proposal from https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/13943#issuecomment-724699696 (in a slightly different way, as described above).
This removes the `set_rx_mode` and `set_hw_addr_filter` and replace them with 3 functions:
The original proposal didn't include the `set_frame_filter_mode`, but it turns out to be much better IMO to split the original proposal of `config_addr_filter` because there's indeed a mode for the frame filter (promisc, sniffer, accept only ACK frames, etc). This also adds a "reject all frames" mode, that might be useful for certain stacks (e.g OpenWSN).
Also, a `CONFIG_IEEE802154_AUTO_ACK_DISABLE macro was added in order to disable Auto ACK in radios (required for OpenWSN)
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
- Test that `examples/gnrc_networking` runs properly with `netdev_ieee802154_submac`.
- OpenWSN should also be tested to ensure that everything works ok
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* ieee802154/hal: add config src address match
* ieee802154/hal: add set frame filter
* ieee802154/hal: add set config addr filter
* ieee802154: add Auto ACK compile time config
* nrf52840: adapt to Radio HAL changes
* cc2538_rf: adapt to Radio HAL changes
* ieee802154/hal: remove set_hw_addr_filter
* ieee802154/hal: remove set_rx_mode
-- File Changes --
M cpu/cc2538/radio/cc2538_rf.c (5)
M cpu/cc2538/radio/cc2538_rf_radio_ops.c (126)
M cpu/nrf52/radio/nrf802154/nrf802154_radio.c (75)
M pkg/openwsn/Makefile.include (5)
M pkg/openwsn/contrib/radio_hal.c (15)
M sys/include/net/ieee802154.h (7)
M sys/include/net/ieee802154/radio.h (271)
M sys/include/net/ieee802154/submac.h (10)
M sys/net/link_layer/ieee802154/Kconfig (4)
M sys/net/link_layer/ieee802154/submac.c (17)
M tests/ieee802154_hal/main.c (44)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications