[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] core: refactor thread info (#15506)
notifications at github.com
Wed Nov 25 14:51:34 CET 2020
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This PR untangles core and ps a bit, by turning some of ps' direct accesses to thread_t fields to core API calls.
There are some left (mostly regarding stack defines), will do those in a later PR.
I consider this a minor refactor, so IMO no need for two ACKs.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
ps output is widely tested on CI, so a successful run should suffice.
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* core: thread: move thread_state_to_string() from ps.c
* core/thread: add thread_get_status()
* sys/ps: make use of thread_get_status()
* core/thread: add thread_is_active()
* sys/ps: make use of thread_is_active()
-- File Changes --
M core/include/thread.h (28)
M core/thread.c (28)
M sys/ps/ps.c (46)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications