[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] Bme680 driver (#15738)
notifications at github.com
Tue Jan 12 12:43:06 CET 2021
I'm in favor of an internal driver rather than using a package.
- lower code size and complexity due to one abstraction layer less. (Our SPI and I2C abstraction layers are very fine, no need to do impedance matching between this abstraction layer and the bosh abstractionlayer)
- code quality. (IMO the Bosh code quality sucks.)
- more control over the driver
- we are not limited to the design decision done by Bosch
- but device driver are among the most stable code part in RIOT
- makes using the BSEC as a package to convert resistance to IAQ values for air quality more difficult
- but I doubt we would get this package anyway, due to the license agreement they ask before you can download the cod
- IMO we should avoid opening this can of worms. When Bosch asks their users to explicitly agree before offering a download and we work around this, we might get into legal trouble.
Generally speaking, IMO device drivers are usually better implemented as RIOT modules rather than packages.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications