[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] drivers/bme680: replace pkg with module (#15738)
notifications at github.com
Fri Jan 15 09:51:52 CET 2021
Other cons I see:
1. The `bme680_read` function is now a blocking function. The former approach was
- to trigger the measurement,
- to let the driver determine the duration of the measurement and
- then read the data after this duration.
There were good reasons for this. The duration of a measurement cycle can be from a few milliseconds to several seconds, depending on the heating duration, the measurements used, and the heating profile used.
2. Even though the wrapper driver in RIOT didn't have a declared function to set the heating profile, it was possible to declare the function of BOSCH's driver as external and use it to set the heating profile. For the measurement of gas quality it is important to be able to define several heating profiles.That is, this new driver does not allow to use the complete functionality of the sensor, while the existing driver does, even if it is a bit complicated.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications