[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] Makefile.include: change to account for TOOLCHAIN having dependencies (#15832)
notifications at github.com
Thu Jan 21 18:45:13 CET 2021
### Contribution description
While looking at #15828 I realized a couple things:
- `TOOLCHAIN` is used to trigger dependencies (for `picolibc` in `gnrc_minimal`)
- `TOOLCHAIN` is not saved in the dependency debug variables
- It is not parsed after `BOARD` dependencies are handler, e.g.: if the `BOARD` is `native` on OSX the default toolchain would be `llvm` but `picolibc` is not added.
IMO if `TOOLCHAIN` can have dependencies as proposed by @aabadie in #15828 and as used in `examples/gnrc_minimal` then the above changes are required, but TBH I would prefer `TOOLCHAIN` not having dependencies.
### Testing procedure
I don't think moving `TOOLCHAIN` up can have an impact, but please take a close look.
`info-board-supported` now has consistent results same as `info-debug-variable-FEATURES_OPTIONAL` on `gnrc_minimal`.
### Issues/PRs references
Depends on #15828
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* MERGECOMMIT: #15828
* Makefile.include: move default TOOLCHAIN before global goals
* makefiles/dependencies_debug.inc.mk: add TOOLCHAIN
* examples/gnrc_minimal: parse TOOLCHAIN dep after Makefile.include
-- File Changes --
M Makefile.include (49)
M examples/gnrc_minimal/Makefile (6)
A examples/gnrc_minimal/Makefile.board.dep (5)
M makefiles/dependencies_debug.inc.mk (1)
M pkg/libfixmath/Makefile.dep (6)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications