[riot-notifications] [RIOT-OS/RIOT] ieee802154: migrate `netdev_ieee802154_dst_filter` to a common ieee802154 (#16576)
notifications at github.com
Mon Jun 21 13:54:28 CEST 2021
The RIOT community cares a lot about code quality.
Therefore, before describing what your contribution is about, we would like
you to make sure that your modifications are compliant with the RIOT
coding conventions, see https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Coding-conventions.
### Contribution description
This PR migrates `netdev_ieee802154_dst_filter` to `ieee802154_dst_filter`.
This not only makes it not dependent to netdev, but will help with Kconfig modelling since now `netdev_ieee802154` can be represented as a pure netdev layer. I will add a follow up PR that shows this in action.
`netdev_ieee802154_dst_filter` is marked as deprecated and will be removed after 2022.01.
Put here the description of your contribution:
- describe which part(s) of RIOT is (are) involved
- if it's a bug fix, describe the bug that it solves and how it is solved
- you can also give more information to reviewers about how to test your changes
### Testing procedure
Check that `examples/gnrc_networking` compiles for e.g `nrf52840dk` (with `USEMODULE=`nrf802154_netdev_legacy`) and confirm that pinging still works.
Details steps to test your contribution:
- which test/example to compile for which board and is there a 'test' command
- how to know that it was not working/available in master
- the expected success test output
### Issues/PRs references
None so far
Examples: Fixes #1234. See also #5678. Depends on PR #9876.
Please use keywords (e.g., fixes, resolve) with the links to the issues you
resolved, this way they will be automatically closed when your pull request
is merged. See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* ieee802154: add ieee802154_dst_filter
* netdev_ieee802154: deprecate netdev_ieee802154_dst_filter
* nrf802154: use ieee802154_dst_filter in netdev implementation
-- File Changes --
M cpu/nrf52/radio/nrf802154/nrf802154.c (6)
M drivers/include/net/netdev/ieee802154.h (3)
M sys/include/net/ieee802154.h (18)
M sys/net/link_layer/ieee802154/ieee802154.c (26)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the notifications