[riot-users] Technical Report on RIOT

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Thu Jan 17 15:03:46 CET 2013

Hi,

On 01/17/2013 02:54 PM, Heiko Will wrote:
> achieved on a msp430. What do you mean with full c support, we're not
> fully POSIX compatible, we are even not fully newlib compatible and
> cannot achieve even one of those.
The core is mostly libc independent. We support standard C as language,
without full Ansi-C base libraries or POSIX. The point is to
differentiate from Contiki (using protothreads which turn C into
something weird) and TinyOS (written in nesC).

> - Contiki supports preemptive scheduling.
... but not through it's standard API (the protothreads thing), right?

> - We only support MCUs with vectored interrupt controllers and I rarely
> heard about MCUs without one.
Which could be rephrased as "you rarely heard about MCUs which we don't
support".

May sound like marketing, but since when are we idealistic about out
science work?

Cheers,
Kaspar