[riot-users] [ludwig.ortmann at fu-berlin.de: [riot-devel] Native RIOT preview]

Ludwig Ortmann ludwig.ortmann at fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 7 15:24:41 CET 2013

Hi,

I have no experience whatsoever with ns3, but as far as I understand it:
yes and yes.

Off the top of my head:
The biggest difference between RIOT and Contiki with regard to interfacing
with a simulator is that RIOT has preemptive context switches. This will
probably lead to a higher overhead when synchronizing with an external
(from the OSs view) clock.

Interesting questions:
- are they running the whole Contiki system or just parts?
- how does ns3 communicate time / how are they handling time?
- at what level (driver/hardware/syscall) do they intercept io?

Most interesting of course would be their diff and/or pointers to helpful
sources of information.

Thank you for your offer!

Cheers,
Ludwig