[riot-users] Preliminary support for STM32F4DISCOVERY board

Oleg Hahm oleg at riot-os.org
Sat Mar 23 19:28:33 CET 2013

Dear rioters,

thanks to the work of Stefan and Marco, RIOT now includes preliminary support
for the STM32F4DISCOVERY board equipped with an ARM Cortex-M3 MCU
(STM32F407VGT6). There is still some work to be done to fully exploit all
features of the board and some clean ups are necessary.

Please note that we imported code from STMicroelectronics which is released
under a license differing to RIOT's GPL. Since this license might restrict the
re-use for commercial products, we decided to place the code in separate
repositories. The license can be found at
http://www.st.com/software_license_agreement_liberty_v2.

In order to work with STM32F4DISCOVERY boards, you will have to checkout the
following repositories:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/thirdparty_cpu
and
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/thirdparty_boards

The location of your repository copies can be configured in your project
Makefile as RIOTBOARD and RIOTCPU. For an example you might want to look at
the hello_world project in RIOT's project repository
(https://github.com/RIOT-OS/projects).

Happy coding,