[riot-users] Socket connections possible?

Martine Lenders mlenders at inf.fu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 2 17:48:24 CET 2013

Hi Sascha,
POSIX-like sockets are in development here
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/226 but it only wraps the destiny
module (which is the not so eponymously called transport layer
implementation of RIOT and used by the project tlayer). The TCP
implementation is pretty experimental and mainly based on a dropped
internet draft for TCP header compression
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aayadi-6lowpan-tcphc-01). Maybe you
should focus on UDP since it more applicable for the IoT anyways.

Regards,
Martine