[riot-users] Segmentation fault on example

Victor Pangaldus fong_wen_long at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 15:42:49 CET 2014

Hi all,

I recently found RIOT OS and decide to give it a try. However, I got segmentation fault when I tried to run the example. Here is the step I take:
* clone the RIOT source
  git clone https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT.git
* compile the example for linux machine (I already have the GCC toolchains installed)
  cd examples/hello-world
 make
* run theexample (the .elf file)

 ./bin/native/hello-world.elf
 Segmentation fault
I also tried other example (default) without luck. Is there something that I miss? I have not changed anything on the makefile, and I check that the BOARD is native, which is the correct target (according to the RIOT wiki)  if I want to run it on linux machine.

Thanks.
Regards,